During this compulsory lockdown, most of us are having issues with taking care of our hair because all salons are closed.
However, you shouldn’t neglect your hair; you can still make that hair glow.
Our hair is a very important part of our body and we must care for it regardless. Caring for our hair also includes having the proper diet. The hair cells are the fastest growing cells in the body, but the moment we have a poor diet or suffer with deficiencies the hair would be the first to be affected.
Our diets should be rich in iron, such as fish, pumpkin seeds, beans, soybeans, cereals and leafy vegetables. Protein is also very vital in strengthening the hair.
To make your hair look beautiful, start by washing and conditioning it properly, then dry and style it all in the confines of your home.
Let’s help you through the journey.
- First you wash: Wash your hair with a good quality shampoo that does not contain sulphates or parabens, but don’t wash your hair too often or it would damage it. Choose the shampoo that works for your hair and stay consistent with it.
- Rinse your hair: Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar; it makes your hair glow and clean.
- Use conditioners: Condition your hair with a conditioner that matches your hair type and length, this keeps it soft, healthy and moisturized.
- Comb: Wide toothed combs are the best to use after washing, considering the fact that your hair is wet and brushing it would cause it to break. Combing with wide toothed combs would remove knots and smoothen out the hair. While combing, start from the end and comb gently to the scalp.
- Dry the hair: Dry your hair using a microfiber towel and where that is absent you can use a cotton T-shirt instead. Normal towels are made of fabric that is damaging to the hair. Wrap your hair in the microfiber towel or t-shirt. It’s better to allow your hair dry naturally, but in cases where your hair is very thick and long you would need a hair dryer. You would also need a hairdryer if you are straightening your hair. Always spray your hair with a heat protecting product before blow-drying your hair.
- Style your hair: Styling your hair naturally minimizes damage to the hair, avoid re-touching, crimping, straightening, curling, and bleaching or coloring repeatedly. Up-dos are best for you, it’s a simple ponytail that looks nice always and requires very few hair products. You can also keep your hair down and use a head band.
- Trim your hair: Take the split end of your hair and trim it about ¼ inch above the splitting.
Follow these steps and you are guaranteed a healthy and pretty hair. It’s simple and very straightforward. Please remember to stay indoors and stay safe.
An interactive online community dedicated to women. Follow @thewcommunity on social media for your favourite lifestyle updates.